New at TASTE - Boylan's Fountain Sodas
Bubbling in popularity, small batch fountain sodas have arrived at TASTE! Boylan Bottling Company, best known for its full line of hand-crafted bottled sodas, has been a crowd pleaser and perfect TASTE lunch accompaniment for years. Now, these flavorful sodas can be enjoyed with all of the fizz from the fountain (and pellet ice too), in flavors ranging from cane cola to old-fashioned lemonade.
Boylan’s fountain soda harkens back to the boldly flavored, freshly mixed carbonated beverages made at traditional soda fountains in the late 19th century and early 20th century. The first flavor developed was Birch Beer in 1891 by a pharmacist named William Boylan. This carbonated beverage was a derivative of birch trees and sold from a barrel in the back of a wagon. Today, Boylan is known for its full line of hand-crafted and small batch sodas made with pure cane sugar. This is a great choice over the high-fructose corn syrup alternatives, as cane sugar is less processed and enhances the true flavor of the soda. Pop in and try any or all of these flavors!
- Black Cherry, a unique blend of cherries, wild cherry bark, and extracts of bourbon vanilla
- Cane Cola, a complex cola derived from oils of orange, lemon and lime, with hints of nutmeg, coriander and lavender
- Diet Cola, a guilt-free cola made from a complex blend of citrus oils and hints of spices
- Crème Soda, hints of vanilla extract, coffee and chocolate result in a uniquely refreshing take on a classic creme soda
- Ginger Ale, a classic, pale ginger ale with a clean taste; smoother than a traditional ginger beer
- Lemon Lime, crisp and refreshing with the natural flavor of lemon and limes
- Lemonade, an old-fashioned recipe that is sweet, but not too sweet
- Original Birch Beer, distinctively minty and sharp with strong notes of sweet birch and wintergreen oil