July 7 Update:
Our outdoor dining areas reopen today! We are implementing new processes and precautionary measures to make sure we all stay safe. Here’s what you can expect.
1. Order Online.
2. Come to the store at the designated pickup time.
3. Remain in vehicle.
4. TASTE team member brings order to you.
5. If you would like to dine in our outdoor seating area, our attendant will seat you at a sanitized table.
We're taking extra measures:
- Social distancing: Our outdoor dining areas have been organized to maintain 6 feet of distance in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Healthy = Happy: We ask that guests and staff who have been feeling sick or have recently come into contact with COVID-19 do not visit our stores. All of our employees have a wellness checkup, including a temperature check, at the beginning of each shift.
- Increased Sanitation: We maintain thorough sanitation measures.
To place your order, click the "Order Online" at the top right, then choose your location and click “Order Online" again. Our online ordering platform accepts orders up to four days in advance. For quick and easy service, please order ahead when possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
June 23 Update:
Thank you all for your patience as we've worked to develop safety plans for re-opening our dining spaces. We are happy to inform you that we will be re-opening our outdoor seating areas right after the Fourth of July weekend. Also, we plan to re-open our indoor dining areas just a few weeks after that. Of course, our operational models will be modified to accommodate Phase Two guidelines, and we appreciate your understanding. As the number of COVID cases in Coastal Virginia continues to rise, our top priority remains the safety and well-being of our team and guests. Stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you all again on our stores' premises very soon. Until then, thank you for your continued support via our curbside pickup and delivery services.
May 30 Update:
Town Center, we’ve missed you! TASTE Town Center will be re-opening this Wednesday, June 3. We are excited to serve you via curbside pickup or delivery. Our hours will be Monday - Friday 10AM - 3PM, Saturday - Sunday 11AM - 3PM.
May 20 Update:
TASTE Oceanfront is open for delivery only. Order online at https://oceanfront.taste.online. For Dune Delivery, please call the store directly. Our hours will be Mon-Thurs 10AM - 3PM, Fri-Sun 10AM - 4PM.
May 13 Update:
After careful consideration, TASTE will not be re-opening our outdoor seating areas this Friday for Phase One of Forward Virginia. As much as we would love to see and serve you all on our stores' premises, our top priority remains the health and safety of our team and guests.
During this time, we will evaluate our options for providing safe, socially distanced outdoor seating--and hopefully we will have plans to open up our patios again very soon. In the meantime, we will continue offering our curbside pickup, delivery, and direct shipping services.
Thank you all for your understanding, trust, and continued support as we navigate this unprecedented time.
May 12 Update:
We want to make it easier for YOU to spread kindness! Purchase a discounted TASTE Signature Boxed Lunch to feed a frontline hero. Each box includes a TASTE signature sandwich, small chips and fresh baked giant cookie or dessert bar. We will deliver your donation to a local hospital or fire station to feed a healthcare worker or first responder. To order, visit www.taste.online/locations then choose your location and click "order online" again. You'll find the Give a Meal button at the top of the page.
May 5 Update:
Our thanks to Channel 3 WTKR for this story on TASTE and how we are surviving the pandemic. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to our community of guests and team members for getting us through these challenging times. And don't forget--we've expanded our service hours, so we hope you'll come see and support us soon!
April 28 Update:
Eleven million independent restaurant employees are at risk for losing their jobs due to COVID-19. Some of your favorite local restaurants will not reopen for three months, six months, or ever. Please help us in the fight to save local restaurants by signing the letter to congress at this link. Thank you for your ongoing support. https://www.saverestaurants.com/take-action/
April 28 Update:
We are so proud and grateful to have been a part of helping Operation Smile kick off their newest pilot program, Serving Smiles, right here in Hampton Roads! Through Serving Smiles, student volunteers are rallying their neighbors and providing locally-prepared meals for staff members at hospitals — all while social distancing, wearing masks and taking every appropriate precaution as recommended by officials. It’s a win-win-win: Local students supporting local restaurants supporting local hospital workers.
Over this past week we've delivered hundreds of TASTE boxed lunches to Sentara hospitals around the region. Partnering with Op Smile to provide meals to those front-line medical workers, who are putting themselves at risk on a daily basis to keep us safe, speaks directly to TASTE's mission of cultivating community through the Good Life!
If you would like to contribute to this wonderful program, please visit their fundraising page: http://bit.ly/osservingsmiles.
Thank you again to Operation Smile for including us! And thank you to our essential workers for keeping us safe!
April 27 Update:
It's a happy Monday here at TASTE. We are expanding our hours! That means YOUR support is helping our small business so that we can give back to our amazing team! We would love to see your smiling faces during our new hours.
Hilltop M-TH 10-3, F-SUN 10-4
Bayville M-TH 10-3, F-SUN 10-4
Greenbrier M-F 10-3, SAT-SUN 11-3
City Center M-F 10-3, SAT-SUN 11-2
Harbour View M-F 10-3, SAT-SUN 11-3
Ghent M-TH 10-3, F-SUN 10-4
Westhampton M-TH 10-3, F-SUN 10-4
March 21 Update:
Suffolk friends, TASTE Harbour View will be re-opening tomorrow, serving curbside pickup and delivery! Their hours will be 10-2 daily. Order online, and don't forget to add a tub of pimento or a bottle of house dressing to your order! No-contact delivery is available at checkout. www.taste.online/locations
March 21 Update:
First we want to thank everyone for your support and patience as we rapidly evolve to fulfill the needs of our communities. Second we want to reassure you that we are continuing to operate with the utmost care for the safety of our team members and guests. Here are some of the things we are doing to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Directing employees to stay home if they are feeling ill
- Conducting wellness checks with staff upon arrival to work
- Maintaining a 6-foot distance between employees
- Stringent hand-washing procedures and proper usage of gloves
- Daily deep cleans
- Strict food safety and sanitation audits
As always we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. For more info or to place an order for curbside pickup or free delivery, please visit www.taste.online/locations.
March 18 Update:
We are currently offering curbside pickup and free delivery from seven of our stores every day during the hours of 10am to 2pm only.
Our expanded to-go offerings include retail products, fresh grab-and-go options, frozen meals, and a limited selection of beer and wine.
To place an order, please order online from your closest TASTE location (preferred) or call the store directly. Click here for a step-by-step guide to ordering online.
For free delivery, please note there is limited availability on orders placed by phone.
Additional notes: Beer and wine orders must be placed by phone and may be delivered to recipients 21 years or older. For large orders (over $100), please call the store directly. We try to keep our online menus as up to date as possible; however, outages sometimes occur. We appreciate your understanding.
Thank you for supporting TASTE!
March 16 Update:
To Our TASTE Family,
We hope that you and your loved ones are staying well during this especially challenging time. As we continue to navigate COVID-19, our commitment to you is to make transparent and informed choices rooted in our mission of cultivating community through The Good Life. That’s why, for the safety of our community and following guidance from the CDC and local public health authorities regarding social distancing, we’ve made the decision to temporarily close our retail and seating areas starting on Wednesday, March 18.
Here's what you can expect:
· All 10 of our stores will close at 5pm today as we prepare for a storewide sale tomorrow.
· Tomorrow, all stores will be open for normal business hours and all retail merchandise, including wine and beer, will be discounted at 50% off. Tomorrow is the day to stock up on your hunker-down provisions! This sale does not include our cafe menu items.
· Starting on Wednesday SIX of our stores will remain open for curbside pickup and delivery services only during the hours of 10am to 2pm. These stores include TASTE Ghent (Norfolk), TASTE Hilltop (Virginia Beach), TASTE Bayville (Virginia Beach), TASTE Greenbrier (Chesapeake), TASTE City Center (Newport News), and TASTE Westhampton (Richmond).
· To place an order, guests can either call the store of their choosing or order online at https://www.taste.online/locations. We will be increasing our online offerings to include more retail products, fresh grab-and-go options, frozen meals, and beer and wine.
· We will continue to fulfill orders made through our e-commerce site, https://www.taste.online/shop, where we proudly sell TASTE gift cards, nuts, pantry items, wine, and other TASTE favorites.
· We will soon be rolling out a focused meal program to offer families even more options to make life a little bit easier. Stay tuned.
We remain committed to our role in the community as purveyors of satisfying, healthy meals while operating with the utmost care for the well-being of our guests and team members. The news around COVID-19 is constantly changing, as are the needs of our communities. We are prepared to move quickly, reevaluate hours and service models, and return to normal operations when it is safe to do so. Please continually check our website our latest hours and follow us on Facebook for updates.
On behalf of our entire Team, we wish you and your families strength and good health during these most trying times.
March 13 Update:
To Our TASTE Community,
With the recent developments surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want you to know our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests, employees and the community we serve. We've always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores and understand that this is now more important than ever. We take our role as a food provider within the community very seriously. We will do everything we can to meet your needs and continue providing the much needed comfort that food can bring, while at the same time taking proactive measures to protect and ensure the well-being of our guests and team members.
In addition to our usual industry-standard food safety handling procedures, our efforts to accomplish these goals include the following:
- Stringent hand-washing procedures
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces
- Controlled distribution of high-touch items like our menus and single serve items like cup lids, straws, etc.
- Strict food safety and sanitation audits
- Temporary suspension of communal sampling
- Increased glove usage in our front of house
- Deployment of hand sanitizer dispenser stations at each location as they become available
- Enhancing both our delivery and online ordering (available at https://www.taste.online/) and quick pickup services
- Consistent with our priority on the health and safety of guests and team members, all employees have been directed to stay home if they are feeling ill
- Lastly, we consult daily with our health benefits advisors and implement their recommendations, including guidance from the WHO and CDC, and we have also established a system where team members can receive professional medical advice from our company's physician partners at no cost to the employee.
We are always grateful for the opportunity to serve you, and we appreciate your trust and confidence in TASTE as we navigate this rapidly changing situation. If there is anything else we can do to serve you at this time, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with a manager at any of our stores.