March 21 Update:
First we want to thank everyone for your support and patience as we rapidly evolve to fulfill the needs of our communities. Second we want to reassure you that we are continuing to operate with the utmost care for the safety of our team members and guests. Here are some of the things we are doing to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Directing employees to stay home if they are feeling ill
- Conducting wellness checks with staff upon arrival to work
- Maintaining a 6-foot distance between employees
- Stringent hand-washing procedures and proper usage of gloves
- Daily deep cleans
- Strict food safety and sanitation audits
As always we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. For more info or to place an order for curbside pickup or free delivery, please visit www.taste.online/locations.
March 18 Update:
We are currently offering curbside pickup and free delivery from seven of our stores every day during the hours of 10am to 2pm only.
Our expanded to-go offerings include retail products, fresh grab-and-go options, frozen meals, and a limited selection of beer and wine.
To place an order, please order online from your closest TASTE location (preferred) or call the store directly. Click here for a step-by-step guide to ordering online.
For free delivery, please note there is limited availability on orders placed by phone.
Additional notes: Beer and wine orders must be placed by phone and may be delivered to recipients 21 years or older. For large orders (over $100), please call the store directly. We try to keep our online menus as up to date as possible; however, outages sometimes occur. We appreciate your understanding.
Thank you for supporting TASTE!
March 16 Update:
To Our TASTE Family,
We hope that you and your loved ones are staying well during this especially challenging time. As we continue to navigate COVID-19, our commitment to you is to make transparent and informed choices rooted in our mission of cultivating community through The Good Life. That’s why, for the safety of our community and following guidance from the CDC and local public health authorities regarding social distancing, we’ve made the decision to temporarily close our retail and seating areas starting on Wednesday, March 18.
Here's what you can expect:
· All 10 of our stores will close at 5pm today as we prepare for a storewide sale tomorrow.
· Tomorrow, all stores will be open for normal business hours and all retail merchandise, including wine and beer, will be discounted at 50% off. Tomorrow is the day to stock up on your hunker-down provisions! This sale does not include our cafe menu items.
· Starting on Wednesday SIX of our stores will remain open for curbside pickup and delivery services only during the hours of 10am to 2pm. These stores include TASTE Ghent (Norfolk), TASTE Hilltop (Virginia Beach), TASTE Bayville (Virginia Beach), TASTE Greenbrier (Chesapeake), TASTE City Center (Newport News), and TASTE Westhampton (Richmond).
· To place an order, guests can either call the store of their choosing or order online at https://www.taste.online/locations. We will be increasing our online offerings to include more retail products, fresh grab-and-go options, frozen meals, and beer and wine.
· We will continue to fulfill orders made through our e-commerce site, https://www.taste.online/shop, where we proudly sell TASTE gift cards, nuts, pantry items, wine, and other TASTE favorites.
· We will soon be rolling out a focused meal program to offer families even more options to make life a little bit easier. Stay tuned.
We remain committed to our role in the community as purveyors of satisfying, healthy meals while operating with the utmost care for the well-being of our guests and team members. The news around COVID-19 is constantly changing, as are the needs of our communities. We are prepared to move quickly, reevaluate hours and service models, and return to normal operations when it is safe to do so. Please continually check our website our latest hours and follow us on Facebook for updates.
On behalf of our entire Team, we wish you and your families strength and good health during these most trying times.
March 13 Update:
To Our TASTE Community,
With the recent developments surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want you to know our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests, employees and the community we serve. We've always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores and understand that this is now more important than ever. We take our role as a food provider within the community very seriously. We will do everything we can to meet your needs and continue providing the much needed comfort that food can bring, while at the same time taking proactive measures to protect and ensure the well-being of our guests and team members.
In addition to our usual industry-standard food safety handling procedures, our efforts to accomplish these goals include the following:
- Stringent hand-washing procedures
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces
- Controlled distribution of high-touch items like our menus and single serve items like cup lids, straws, etc.
- Strict food safety and sanitation audits
- Temporary suspension of communal sampling
- Increased glove usage in our front of house
- Deployment of hand sanitizer dispenser stations at each location as they become available
- Enhancing both our delivery and online ordering (available at https://www.taste.online/) and quick pickup services
- Consistent with our priority on the health and safety of guests and team members, all employees have been directed to stay home if they are feeling ill
- Lastly, we consult daily with our health benefits advisors and implement their recommendations, including guidance from the WHO and CDC, and we have also established a system where team members can receive professional medical advice from our company's physician partners at no cost to the employee.
We are always grateful for the opportunity to serve you, and we appreciate your trust and confidence in TASTE as we navigate this rapidly changing situation. If there is anything else we can do to serve you at this time, please send us an email to email@example.com or speak with a manager at any of our stores.